free website stats program Gas!?!?!?!?!? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas!?!?!?!?!?

Different grades of fuel will definitely cause a difference in the running of the bike. YOU may not notice it but if you dynoed the bike with the different grades in the tank, there would be a difference in HP and TQ. You would notice it more on a very hot day but then again there are those that really aren't tuned into the way an engine runs as compared to a trained ear. I myself have pointed out problems to owners that weren't aware of the problem with the motor and they then took the proper measures to correct the problem and were happy with the results.
I'm not looking to knock anyones capabilities, just saying that you may be better at something than I am and I am better at things that others aren't good at.:s

Some basic rules stay the same higher compression requires higher octane.
When we built or small blocks up we wanted to keep the compresion below 10:1 so we could run 87-89 octane fuel once we hit the 10:1 they just would not run on the low gradge fuels.
A lot of time was spent finding ways to get the same amount of power from the engine at low compression.

The 96 ci only has 9.2-1 compression ratio

Back