free website stats program Gas!?!?!?!?!? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas!?!?!?!?!?

Greensboro is almost all 87 only with a few here and there having 93.

Thanks to those who responded about using some octane boost. I had asked in a diff thread about using it, but hadn't seen an answer yet.

A lot of stations are out for a day or two, but another with gas is only a couple of blocks away so far. Tracy

Anybody Having Trouble Getting Mid And Premium Grade Fuel,in My Area Which Is East Moline,illinois[near Mississippi River And I-80],there Are Many Gas Stations Which Dont Have Any On Hand And Dont Know About When They Going To Get Some.plus Some Other Stations Are Going To All Credit Card Or Prepay. Credit Is All Right But I Dont Know About The Rest Of You All But Prepay Really (EDITED) Me Off Since I Only Want To Go Inside The Store Once. Just Venting A Little But Would Like Hear About Other Peoples Problems Trying To Fuel Up.

NO LANGUAGE ON THE FORUM

I live west of the Mississippi in E.Mo. and no problems on this side. Matter of fact put some prem. grade in the scoot today ---- $ 3.54 P.G.

just was reading on cnn that even though pipeline is back to capacity may take a week or two more til everything is back to normal

This problem might linger longer than any of us hope. The other part of the problem right now is that refineries start converting some of their operations from refining oil into gas to focus on refining more oil into heating oil for the colder states.

I have seen a lot of gas stations here in Virginia that only have regular unleaded 87 gas. They have signs posted on all the pumps saying they don't have the other grades. I'll keep driving until I find mid or high grade.

sorry Doc!!! I seen a gas station south of my home town about 1-2 hrs. away today that had prem. at $3.35 and low oct. at 3.15 P.G.

I'm hoping as our supply situation slowly returns to normal, the prices will start to fall. Of course that may be way too logical!

Here in Charlotte NC can get regular 87 now without waiting in lines. More stations are open with gas and so far have not found any 93. I brought my 5 gal container and if I find any will have enough to fill my and wife's tank so we can get out of town on Saturday. Both of our bikes are 2007 with fuel injection... what is you opinion using 87 for a short period of time. Someone informed me that the fuel injected bikes are not harmed by this?????

what is you opinion using 87 for a short period of time. Someone informed me that the fuel injected bikes are not harmed by this?????

You can use 87 but it's not a great ting to do unless other higher octane isn't available. Be conscious of any pinging going on it the engine and possibly add some octane booster. Fuel injection is a bit more forgiving than carbs but still the engine has it's requirements either way which are more critical with higher compression engines.

Thanks glider... that's what I thought... I am putting 87 in my cars which I never do... but did not want to put any less than the high octane in the bikes..

I put all grades of gas in my 08 RG & I did not notice any difference between 87 & 93 , I had the stage 1 in it & I got the same MPG & no pinging , power was the same the only difference was the $$$ per gal . Now that I put in the 103 stage 2 I have only run prem but I only have 150mi on the bike after the upgrade & I havent tried any other grade of gas .

Back