free website stats program Gas tank removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas tank removal

dogdad

I'm thinking about removing my gas tank on my 08 RKC. Is it just the two front and two rear bolts and the Fuel line to remove it? Anything else involved?

Cover it up too so you don't have any "dingers." I use a large beach towel & have anoterh ready where you plan to set it down. Good luck!

also when you do take it off,...protect it by covering up or moving it to another room
It seems like no matter what, anything will fall on it, or durt will get on it, even from across the garage :s

You do not have to pull the fuse and run till your scooter stops or empty your tank. Just disconnect the gas fitting, unplug and unbolt. I did this so many times while trouble shooting what I thought was bad gas it became a 5 minute job. Nothing to it, don't make it a big thing. If a few gallons of gas is too heavey than ride till low on fuel. It is not a big deal at all. Most important thing is not to ding it up while it is off.

Thanks to all replies.....Looks easy,,HD tech showed me that the fuel line was easy to release. And i will have towls to cover it up.

It will not leak hardly at all. I did put a rag under but it is really nothing at all. We are talking a drop or two.

On the roadking you have to remove the console to disconnect the fuek pump wires and vent tube as well as the fuel gauge wire that runs out the bottom of the tank
WAP.gif

Back