free website stats program Gas Stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Stabilizer

lowrider1963

As the temperatures get colder, I am getting ready to winterize my ride. I have a question in regards to using gas stabilizer. If I put the stabilizer in the tank (full tank of gas) and get a warm day during the winter, I know I can go out. But if I add more stabilizer (and gas based on milage), how long can I run with the stabilizer in kmy tank? Will prolonged riding cause a problem.

FYI Riding 2010 FXDC.

Stabilizer if used per instructions with regard to the amount of fuel in tank will not harm or cause any problem. I use Stabil and if I ride while Stabil in tank when done riding refill tank and add proper amount of Stabil vs amount of gas to fill tank.

I'd go with dbmg. I put stabil in my Dodge Intrepid and left it for a year,started right up and ran fine! :D

We can never quite tell when its time to put the bikes away for the winter so we have always started treating the gas in mid October and usually end up running through couple of tanks before we finally have to store the bikes. We just keep filling up after each ride and add the correct amount. Never had a problem.

We can never quite tell when its time to put the bikes away for the winter so we have always started treating the gas in mid October and usually end up running through couple of tanks before we finally have to store the bikes. We just keep filling up after each ride and add the correct amount. Never had a problem.
I do the same thing, but I use SeaFoam rather than Stabil. Also, before every oil change I run a tank treated with SeaFoam through the bike.

Sea Foam | How to Use Sea Foam Motor Treatment

I use Seafoam in the summer as a preventative & Stabil during winter storage. If you read the Stabil label - mix can be doubled for extended storage so adding during short rides isn't going to harm anything. No need to worry...

Hey RogerOT, what's the reasoning behind a treated tank of gas prior to oil change ?

Back