free website stats program gas splash | Harley Davidson Forums

gas splash

That splash cuff looks interesting, but then you have to haul it around with you. And it has gas on it. Wherever you put the darned thing its going to stink stuff up. Do you really want to put that in your leather bags?

With the urethane clear coat on a Harley its not a big deal,just wipe it off it won't attack the paint:s

I don't have a problem with "splash".....First I point the nozzle down toward the ground to empty any left over gas from the prior user of the hose( don't want drops on my tank). Then I put the nozzle in and gently squeeze the handle to let the gas come in steady , but slowly.I never ,ever open the nozzle all the way. I watch as the gas fills up and slow down the pour as it gets to the top. Works great for me.

I don't have a problem with "splash".....First I point the nozzle down toward the ground to empty any left over gas from the prior user of the hose( don't want drops on my tank). Then I put the nozzle in and gently squeeze the handle to let the gas come in steady , but slowly.I never ,ever open the nozzle all the way. I watch as the gas fills up and slow down the pour as it gets to the top. Works great for me.

That's the way I do it.... If it drips when taking the nozzle out, just wipe off with a damp towel or towel from my saddle bags. I wax the tank and fenders about every other wash job and never had a problem. You can wax your bike in less than 15 minutes and makes it look new.

It is a rare case you really need to get every drop of fuel in. Stop a little short, I use the hand eye gadgets. Just be careful

That splash cuff looks interesting, but then you have to haul it around with you. And it has gas on it. Wherever you put the darned thing its going to stink stuff up. Do you really want to put that in your leather bags?

I got one of those splash cuffs and only use in California. Gas stations down there have those darn boots on 'em and you have make sure all four arms and hands are free to keep the boot up to see where the gas level is. Then it's inevitable to get the gas in without spraying all over the tank. The splash cuff seems to work great for me. Also, when it clicks off, the tank is full! No more pulling the leaver little by little until you spray gas on the tank! This unit comes with it's own little bag too! I just keep it in the side front compartment. Anyway, works for me.
Ugly John

Same here. For me, a little care while filling up takes care of the any problems. Plus, I try to avoid carrying any more stuff on the bike than I think I need.

Back