free website stats program Gas Situation In Daytona? | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Situation In Daytona?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
For those of us coming to Biketoberfest, I'd like to find out what the gas situation is. I've had to park the bike here north of Atlanta because EVERY station is out of gas. Smitty says it's a byproduct of EPA regs and additives - way above my pay grade! Anyway, is this going on in Florida too, specifically the Daytona area?

We have no problem with gas supply. Current cost of a gallon in Daytona (I gas up this morning) is about 3.68 We have a .05 per gallon road tax that the surrounding counties don't.

Just returned from Orlando Fla. Went 75 to 24 to 57 to 64...75 from Orlando to to the state line no problems with fuel...unlead reg was 3.66...However once in Georgia and into Tenn...lot of stations was without fuel, and also in Alabama and North Carolina...stopped at HD dealer in Cartersville right off 75...folks there said problem with fuel has started 2 weeks ago..talking about closing schools in the area according to him. They were blaming it on a rumor about gas flow after Hurricane Ike...so many people filled up at once and tried filling as many containers as possible creating a situation that was bad and then it got worse. Personally I went to 4 stations in Georgia and found all with out fuel...but going to stations not close to the metro areas no problem...when I did get fuel I was limited to what I could purchase.Once I entered Kentucky and Illinois and Missouri no problem at all in fact people here was surprised to hear about the Southern States fuel problems....and it seems...."Southern states are served by the Colonial Pipeline, which transports fuel from the Gulf Coast area. The pipeline was shut down Friday, but has since been restarted at a reduced rate. It is too early to know if the lack of supply will herald a return to widespread $4 per gallon gas, according to AAA." Daily Progress, Charlottesville VA...Don't know if this is really the truth are not also heard....

All (Every single drop) of gas the upstate receives all comes through the Colonial Pipeline which originates in LA and TX at the oil Refineries. Their are two main terminals in the Upstate where the gas is taken out of the pipeline and stored in huge gas tanks. (Belton and Spartanburg tank farms). The colonial pipeline was shut down completely for three days but it has been restarted at reduced flow.

Just returned from Orlando Fla. Went 75 to 24 to 57 to 64...75 from Orlando to to the state line no problems with fuel...unlead reg was 3.66...However once in Georgia and into Tenn...lot of stations was without fuel, and also in Alabama and North Carolina...stopped at HD dealer in Cartersville right off 75...folks there said problem with fuel has started 2 weeks ago..talking about closing schools in the area according to him. They were blaming it on a rumor about gas flow after Hurricane Ike...so many people filled up at once and tried filling as many containers as possible creating a situation that was bad and then it got worse. Personally I went to 4 stations in Georgia and found all with out fuel...but going to stations not close to the metro areas no problem...when I did get fuel I was limited to what I could purchase.Once I entered Kentucky and Illinois and Missouri no problem at all in fact people here was surprised to hear about the Southern States fuel problems....and it seems...."Southern states are served by the Colonial Pipeline, which transports fuel from the Gulf Coast area. The pipeline was shut down Friday, but has since been restarted at a reduced rate. It is too early to know if the lack of supply will herald a return to widespread $4 per gallon gas, according to AAA." Daily Progress, Charlottesville VA...Don't know if this is really the truth are not also heard....

All (Every single drop) of gas the upstate receives all comes through the Colonial Pipeline which originates in LA and TX at the oil Refineries. Their are two main terminals in the Upstate where the gas is taken out of the pipeline and stored in huge gas tanks. (Belton and Spartanburg tank farms). The colonial pipeline was shut down completely for three days but it has been restarted at reduced flow.

Heck, paper this morning says a station here was charging over $8 a gallon but the governor's gouging task force is getting right on it! Hate to say it but supply is much more critical than price to me right now. I'd pay the $8 to fill up if it meant I could ride this weekend where I wanted - not limping from one station to another rumored to have gas only to find out they're dry.

Hey Doc, I heard about the gas problem from my wifes Mom there in Kennesaw. No gas problems in my area, about 85 miles south of DAB. Haven't heard anything on the news either. If you can get enough to get you out the Metro area you should be good.

Hey Doc, I heard about the gas problem from my wifes Mom there in Kennesaw. No gas problems in my area, about 85 miles south of DAB. Haven't heard anything on the news either. If you can get enough to get you out the Metro area you should be good.

I'm mainly hoping some sanity will return in the next week as far as gas supply goes. I'm so frustrated by this metro Atlanta "crisis" I can't put it into words!

Any info on (no gas) Am running 95 to fla 10/11, should I follow the big tanker trucks ....lol

The "Gas Price Temperature Map" on gasbuddy.com shows that this is mainly a Georgia and North Carolina problem. I would gas up before getting to Georgia and that should get you through the little bit where I95 cuts through our state.

you may want to be careful going through South Carolina, premium gas is a bit hard to find. Exxon seems to be the only one getting it on a regular basis.

Back