free website stats program Gas mixing with oil... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas mixing with oil...

I had the the exact same problem and hopefully I have sorted mine, after the 3rd try!
I have changed the needle and reset the floats, to spec,also installed a facuum petcock but it still happened.

Two days ago we reset the floats again it is now out of spec so I will keep trying till I get it right.
I fully agree with the ideas of porkchop and bubbie it seems that when putting the bike on the side stand a little bit passes through and after about 2 weeks enough has passed through then only it becomes noticible, every time it became noticible after about 2 weeks only.

Funny though with the vacuum tipe petcock if I remove the feeding line to the carb, there is no fuel passing when open, so the vacuum is working fine. It must be the float setting.

I had the the exact same problem and hopefully I have sorted mine, after the 3rd try!
I have changed the needle and reset the floats, to spec,also installed a facuum petcock but it still happened.

Two days ago we reset the floats again it is now out of spec so I will keep trying till I get it right.
I fully agree with the ideas of porkchop and bubbie it seems that when putting the bike on the side stand a little bit passes through and after about 2 weeks enough has passed through then only it becomes noticible, every time it became noticible after about 2 weeks only.

Funny though with the vacuum tipe petcock if I remove the feeding line to the carb, there is no fuel passing when open, so the vacuum is working fine. It must be the float setting.
I dont trust those vacume petcocks at all, I like tha old fashioned kind and just learn to turn it off when you stop especialy when hot out.

Back