free website stats program Gas leaking out of gas cap | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas leaking out of gas cap

I might of overfueled it, but I don't think so. I try not to spill any fuel on the tank. :D Is Bedford close to Roanoke? Botetout county? :rr Anyway ride safe.

I might of overfueled it, but I don't think so. I try not to spill any fuel on the tank. :D Is Bedford close to Roanoke? Botetout county? :rr Anyway ride safe.

I fill mine right up to the bottom of the filler neck - don't think I could put any more in if I wanted too... Pressing down on the cap after it starts clicking is still working for me.

Mrtnharleyrider,yes you know the area im about 20 min.away from roanoke.

Yep I do JPHOG. I use to live in Stuartsville and Vinton when I was little. Still have a lot of family there. I'm just a couple of hours south of you. Shoot me a message anytime you ride the BRP down this way. :cheers

I fill mine right up to the bottom of the filler neck - don't think I could put any more in if I wanted too... Pressing down on the cap after it starts clicking is still working for me.

I forgot to post GroundHawg, but that works with mine too! Thanks for the info, and ride safe! :newsmile047:

my '09 was the same way until I tried the "GroundHawg Twist" and haven't lost a drop since, and I fill it completely to the top.

2010 Fat Boy Lo did the same thing. One day after a fill up I leaned right in to a turn and gas poured out from under the cap. Thought I cross threaded the cap somehow but figured out it wasn't seating completely for whatever reason. Problem solved by pushing down on the cap while tightening it.

Back