free website stats program gas leak heads up! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

gas leak heads up!

SPIT on the new hose when connecting. NO other lubricant is needed for the new hose.

Over a few years without a clamp, it too will loosen.

No Snoose allowed though...:bigsmiley17:

signed....BUBBIE

Heyyyyyyy BUBBIE!!! I saw in the manual there is a short hose connecting both tank halves up under the gas tank and ALSO this vent hose located at the very top of the gas tank just under the chrome dash board housing up near the goosneck. That's the hose that came off and gas was spirting out from it. May have just been sloshing out since no pressure, but a lot of liquid gasoline did come out when the hose came off. I will replace that "old" hose ASAP. Good to hear from you.

Bill

I have always thought of that wee hose as an overflow just in case you overfill the tank or the fuel in the tank expands due to a change in temperature/air pressure
My 2 tanks also have a balance hose under the dash fairly close to the overflow/vent hose but it is a wee bit larger diameter as well as the balance hose at the lower front of the tanks
I think the top balance hose is to allow the air to move between the tanks as the fuel passes through the lower hose

Brian

Back