free website stats program Gas Everywhere! | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Everywhere!

WillM

I got up early this morning, cranked up my bike (02 Fatboy w/ S&S carb). Fuel began pouring out of the overflow tube! I kill it and it stops, cranked it back up and the same thing! There was no sign of any leak before I cranked it up....please help! I want to go riding.....thanks

Sounds like a stuck float. Even a tiny bit of debris can get between the needle and seat and cause the bowl to overflow. Sometimes several sharp raps with a screwdriver handle on the float bowl will fix.
Also, after you get the bike away from the gas puddle, turn the fuel off and start the bike, just as it starts to die from fuel starvation, open and close the petcock. Repeat, it may flush problem away. Or not.

Last edited:
Sounds like a stuck float. Even a tiny bit of debris can get between the needle and seat and cause the bowl to overflow. Sometimes several sharp raps with a screwdriver handle on the float bowl will fix.
Also, after you get the bike away from the gas puddle, turn the fuel off and start the bike, just as it starts to die from fuel starvation, open and close the petcock. Repeat, it may flush problem away. Or not.

thanks for the quick response....I'll give it a shot.

Just wanted to say thanks....that did it. I took the breather cover off and tapped the bowl, and it was fine. I ordered another air filter so when it comes in, I think I'll go ahead and flush out the bowl.

It wasn't the Apple Pie, (PA liked that) it was all the sampling I did of the "other" stuff. :newsmile016:

Back