free website stats program Gas Can for Baggers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Can for Baggers

Hey Geezer, my first shipment is coming in next Wednesday, they say they fit HD softbags too, I'll try one in a Heritage bag and let you know how it fits.

Thanks Chop. If it fits pretty good I'll get one from you.

Hey Geezer, my first shipment is coming in next Wednesday, they say they fit HD softbags too, I'll try one in a Heritage bag and let you know how it fits.

Hey Chopper,,please check it out in a RKC if you get a chance and let us know how it fits. Thanks

Geezer, got the Reda gas cans in and tried them in a Heritage bag, they fit but not a trick custom fit like in the touring hard bags, dogdad, I tried them in a 03 FLHRCI and while they did fit as the company advertizes "in any stock Harley soft bag" the can will not fit nicely in the rear of the bag like it does in the hard bags, things would have to be packed around it. If I had a touring bike with hard bags I would own one for sure, even if I just carried water in it for camping, it's a trick well made container that doesn't take up much room in a hard bag, if someone with soft bags really needs to pack a extra gallon of gas with them it works, just not a trick, space saving fit like in hard bags.
Doug, how long have you had yours? How do you like it? Have any of your friends tried it in their soft bags? Where did you buy yours? Any input you can give me on it would be greatly appreciated, I always put stock in what owners of products say, manufactures will tell you anything just to sell it.

I've only had my used '86 Tour Glide since August 20, 2010, but already put 5,400+ miles on it. I have the hard saddlebags with the rear locks. The cap on the gas can blocks the lock's inside catch. I use a 1" thick square of foam rubber to hold the can's cap forward and away from the lock. Already got to use the can once after riding north out of Las Vegas to Reno. Ran out of gas 12 miles short from the next town during the last 20% of the trip while taking a little used highway on an indirect route (Luning to Middlegate, Nv). The gas station at the remote town of Gabbs was closed up tight. Only saw one other vehicle in 63 miles. That's one of the hazards of riding late at night (left Vegas at midnight) when everybody's little town gas stations are closed.

I don't personally know of anyone else who has a Reda gas can. What works pretty good too are the cooking oil bottles, but you have to pad them or the vibrations will eventually wear a hole through the bottles if you just set them in the hard saddlebags. I bought the Reda can off the internet. Should have bought one when they were selling $10 cheaper (and no shipping) at the last Street Vibrations bike rally! The only reason why I bought that can was because one leg of a planned trip from Reno to Seattle has the bike at exactly the point of running out of gasoline. I suppose that I could get by with just using a one liter cooking oil bottle, but knowing my luck I didn't want to push the issue so I bought the gas can.

Geezer, got the Reda gas cans in and tried them in a Heritage bag, they fit but not a trick custom fit like in the touring hard bags, dogdad, I tried them in a 03 FLHRCI and while they did fit as the company advertizes "in any stock Harley soft bag" the can will not fit nicely in the rear of the bag like it does in the hard bags, things would have to be packed around it. If I had a touring bike with hard bags I would own one for sure, even if I just carried water in it for camping, it's a trick well made container that doesn't take up much room in a hard bag, if someone with soft bags really needs to pack a extra gallon of gas with them it works, just not a trick, space saving fit like in hard bags.
Doug, how long have you had yours? How do you like it? Have any of your friends tried it in their soft bags? Where did you buy yours? Any input you can give me on it would be greatly appreciated, I always put stock in what owners of products say, manufactures will tell you anything just to sell it.

Thanks for the reply Chopper.

Got my REDA Gas Can for Christmas. We got back to the house tonight, and I put it in the left bag. Fits like it was made for the bag (Oh! It was!!).

Thanx, Chopper and Mrs. Chopper!!

TQ

Back