free website stats program Garmin GPS Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Garmin GPS Help

I dont know the Nuvi very well BUT I have a Garmin Zumo 550 and it is amazing to see what this little machine could do.

I also have a Zumo 550 that I had mounted on my GoldWing. I want to get the HD fairing mount and keep it GPSt off of the handlebars. The Zumo is a great GPS. Also, if I plug it into the AUX, will it give voice directions through the speakers and/or intercom?

Use the TomTom One because it was 'bout $100 on clearance about 1 1/2 years ago and worked fine in the auto...and it is very easy to use. Got a Küryakyn mount w/ carry case and use saran wrap to protect in bad weather...not perfect, speaker even at max. is still pretty low, but it works. GPS is a boon to the rider, just like a cell phone and highly recommend it. :D

I have a Garmin 660 on my ultra and works like a dream. Play it through the radio and we get the sound in our intercom helmets. With a Garmin NUVI 660 on handlebar mount, works great...if it rains, take it off and put in bag. Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Garmin nuvi 765. Works great. listening to mp3's while getting voice nav instructions is great. I carry a few sandwichich bags to throw over it in case of rain.

I used Gliders instructions to remove the tank and ran the power and audio cable to under the seat.

It does have Bluetooth, but I am going to wait until the next versions of the current devices and helmet coms come out.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 29
I found a great deal on a Garmin 450. It has the features I use most. Also bought the Roadtech RAM mount from the HD dealer. It is much better than the universal bar mount that comes with the GPS.

I bought the Nuvi 760 last spring and have used it numerous times on the bike. Even rode for 6 hours in the rain with a zip lock bag on it. I like the unit a lot. Have no desire to hook my cell phone to it. but may try the MP3 at some point.

I have a nuvi 500, use in car and on bikes. I have a clear case that it velcro into.

Google "RAM Mount Waterproof Aqua Box 6" it'll bring up several options to buy one. Make sure you get the appropriate mount to. It will fit most of the nuvi's and keep it nice and dry while you use it. The are about $60. Way cheaper to get a nuvi and the case than a Zumo.

I bought the Nuvi 760 last spring and have used it numerous times on the bike. Even rode for 6 hours in the rain with a zip lock bag on it. I like the unit a lot. Have no desire to hook my cell phone to it. but may try the MP3 at some point.

I just started using the MP3 while my 750 is transmitting to the FM on the bike. It's great. Listen to music and then it cuts in giving directions. I just needed to download a free WMP to MP3 conversion software. I too have no need for Bluetooth, so that is why I bought the 750.

I have a Nuvi 255 that i use on both jeep and bike, plus my Blackberry is gps enabled, has maps, and a couple of gps tracking programs for recording trips.

Am thinking about a bluetooth enabled Nuvi so that I can leave it in a pocket in a rain storm and still have turn by turn directions .... reception provided of course. Or I may hack my 255 and put an external speaker/headphone jack on it

Back