free website stats program Garbled Intercom | Harley Davidson Forums

Garbled Intercom

scsharp2260

Okay not sure if this has been posted before. I have a 2009 Road Glide which I have build up into a Ultra. I did the latest radio software upgrade and now my wife says that when I try to talk to her on the intercom in just sounds all garbled, yet I hear her just fine. I am using the Haley headsets.

It is a little hard to tell under the wind sock but check that your mic is in the right position and not turned away from your mouth.

I think it is wind noise but I can't get her to explain it any better then that. She says once we get over 40 MPH she can't make out anything I say. I asked her if it was background noise and she said it was a gabled and she could not make out what I was saying. The thing about it is that it had been working fine until I did the I did the software upgrade.

I think it is wind noise but I can't get her to explain it any better then that. She says once we get over 40 MPH she can't make out anything I say. I asked her if it was background noise and she said it was a gabled and she could not make out what I was saying. The thing about it is that it had been working fine until I did the I did the software upgrade.

If you can hear her just fine I don't think the upgrade is the problem. I'm not familuar with the set you have is it a unidirectional mic?

scsharp2260, I have a 2008 Ultra and went through 3 HD headsets and 2 new cables from radio plug to my helmet. Tried the last new won (all on warranty!) when the wife and I went to Reno Street Vibrations (from Oregon 440 miles), and headset was messing up before we got to Reno.

When I arrived in Reno, I went directly to Reno Harley where J&M was set up and purchased and had them install their headset in my helmet. Next day, wife and I went to Virginia City and the J&M headset worked so much better than the HD that I returned to J&M and had my wife's exchanged as well.

They are so much better than the HD headsets that I would not have believed it myself.

Problem I had with the HD's was at the helmet plug-in. After a little use I had to wiggle the plug-in to make it work. It would work for a little while and then I think the wind would move it enough to make it stop working.

I have found that the J&M stuff is very good quality.

Good luck, and ride safe!

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes several people in our chapter have them and love them, but I just can't afford them. Lost my job last March, so I do what I can.

Back