free website stats program Garage Explosion | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage Explosion

Those things can be crazy dangerous. about a bllion years ago, In the Navy I watched a 20lbs fire bottle fall over break off the spout shooting it in one direction with the bottle shooting like a torpedo across the deck and through a bulkhead in the opposite direction. After doing the obligatory soil check, we couldn't stop laughing!

Wow, I knew pressurized tanks held considerable pressure, (think diving tanks here), never thought those thick FE tanks would have a problem...but the threaded end is the weak spot...!

That is what worries me about those LP tanks we use for BBQ's, they are thinner and certainly more dangerous. If you use the Blue Rhino exchange program, one can only guess how old that freshly painted and refilled tank is...(new empty tanks cost $35).

I once had to use a powder fire extinguisher in Japan on a kitchen fire. I feel sorry for you having to clean up that mess. Glad no one was hurt.

Couple of years ago I had some freshly filled dive cylinders stored in the tin pole building next to the house. The temps got to like 120 degrees in there when the doors were closed . I walked in one day to open the doors to get the lawn tractor out and one of the pop off valves let loose on a cylinder. Between the bang echoing in that tin shed and the whooosh from the rush of air let off i thought the whole place blew up. Think I was a quarter mile down the road before I looked back at all.

Wow, I knew pressurized tanks held considerable pressure, (think diving tanks here), never thought those thick FE tanks would have a problem...but the threaded end is the weak spot...!

That is what worries me about those LP tanks we use for BBQ's, they are thinner and certainly more dangerous. If you use the Blue Rhino exchange program, one can only guess how old that freshly painted and refilled tank is...(new empty tanks cost $35).

Theres a build date on those buddy some are on or near handle:)

Back