free website stats program Garage Door Opener | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage Door Opener

FLST

Has anyone installed the garage door opener that works from the headlight dimmer switch? I was wondering if they are hype, or work well and how easy is install.

PM Harttoo, I was reading a thread that he posted on, he said it's a easy setup and works good.

I personally didn't like the idea of cycling my headlight so I ended up taking one of my remotes and soldering a button to it. I then popped a hole in the dash opposite my odometer button and tucked everything inside the dash. Lots of tutorials for this on the internet but you need to be able to drop solder in a pretty small space to make it work.

I've had mine for about 4 years on the Heritage. Install is not as easy as they said, pretty tight fit, but it works and I like the idea of just flashing the headlight to open the door.

I've had one for years and love it. If you're thinking about it, you might want to move fast. I noticed today that the individual (replacement) receiver has been discontinued, so the kit (transmitter and receiver) probably doesn't have much time left.

On a related note, if you have a newer garage door opener by Liftmaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman AssureLink, you'll notice that your HD receiver doesn't work with it. There is an interface module available that makes the HD receiver work with the newer openers. Google Creative Access Solutions

I've had one for years and love it. If you're thinking about it, you might want to move fast. I noticed today that the individual (replacement) receiver has been discontinued, so the kit (transmitter and receiver) probably doesn't have much time left.

On a related note, if you have a newer garage door opener by Liftmaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman AssureLink, you'll notice that your HD receiver doesn't work with it. There is an interface module available that makes the HD receiver work with the newer openers. Google Creative Access Solutions

Thanks for the heads up, good info. :s

I think the garage door opener is a great addition for the bike, I have the same one since 03.also got a 2nd transmitter when I had 2 bikes, will open the door when I'm 3 houses away. And would still be using it but the new bike came already installed. Now they sit in a box. Should sell the kit.make me an offer it your still interested and didn't already get 1
WAP.gif

Just finished installing the garage door opener kit on my '15 FLHTK. Installed very simply and works very well. However, I did not use the wiring harness kit. All connections required are inside the fairing, I'll return the harness kit later. Power and ground came from an unused acc connector near the voltmeter and is powered by the same fuse the wiring kit would have.

I just installed the F2p (flash to pass) two days ago on my Road King. You'll want to take the headlight out to make the connections but the transmitter doesn't have to be installed in the headlight bucket. The wires will be long enough to pull it outside the metal housing and you'll get better range that way too. It works perfectly. Highly recommended.

Back