free website stats program Garage Door Opener | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage Door Opener

rusntx

Wondering if anyone has anyone has used the "Flash 2 Pass" Garage Door opening system? Like the HD version it operates by using the High Beam switch. It's about $40 cheaper. Stumbled upon it while looking around on E-Glide Goodies...I am not affiliated with them in any way. Beautiful riding weather today in north TX, got a nice 4 hour ride in. Thanks:57:

Attachments

• FlashPass Garage Door Opener.jpg
    FlashPass Garage Door Opener.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 31
A guy I worked with tried it . The toggle type hi beam switch made it difficult to operate. I think you had to go hi to lo beam twice in rapid succession

I have one.Works great!No problem toggling twice.I have transfered from last three bikes.Easy installation.

I bought a keychain remote at lowes and mounted it with double sided 3m tape just underneath my triple tree cover on the glide. I just reach under and hit it with one finger. I been using it 2 years.

I bought a key chain remote, took it apart and soldered two wires in that makes the circuit for the button when pushed. mounted the remote with velcro in the headlight nacelle. ran two small wires up to then left handle bar switch cover. Mounted a micro-momentary button in the switch cover just below the left turn signal switch and terminated the wires to it.....

Thanks for the input and ideas guys. I have a key chain remote already that I use. Will look into the 2 options given for it before pulling the trigger on the flash 2 pass system. Thanks again, be safe.

I bought a key chain remote, took it apart and soldered two wires in that makes the circuit for the button when pushed. mounted the remote with velcro in the headlight nacelle. ran two small wires up to then left handle bar switch cover. Mounted a micro-momentary button in the switch cover just below the left turn signal switch and terminated the wires to it.....

I did something very similar to Bodeen except mine is powered by the bike and I used another odometer (momentary) switch.

IMG_0307 (600x800).jpg

I did something very similar to Bodeen except mine is powered by the bike and I used another odometer (momentary) switch.

View attachment 16485

Me likee! The odo switch is a much better quality switch then the ones I have been using. Mine tend to give up after a few years of water and salt air. Your opener fob runs on 12vdc? Or are you stepping it down somehow?

Here is a look at what I have done.

Harley Davidson Forums - View Single Post - Garage Door Opener

Me likee! The odo switch is a much better quality switch then the ones I have been using. Mine tend to give up after a few years of water and salt air. Your opener fob runs on 12vdc? Or are you stepping it down somehow?

My fob was 12vdc.
I was looking to use the smaller keychain fob which was 3vdc and was looking into dc/dc converters or linear regulators but.....cant help you anymore than that.
I had this medium sized 12vdc fob/opener laying around after I called the Overhead Co. because I couldn't program the viser buttons in my jeep with the rolling code tech in the new opener. For whatever reason they sent me this fob and it just happened to be 12v. (does this make sense? I had put in a new opener a year before I did this to the bike)

Back