free website stats program garage door opener | Harley Davidson Forums

garage door opener

05flhtcse2

i just but an 05 screaming eagle electra glide and was wondering if there was any way to tell if the garage door transmitter was still in it.

The opener attaches to the high beam on some of the units. Check the wiring to the switch in the fairing and see if there is anything that isn't stock in there.

i just but an 05 screaming eagle electra glide and was wondering if there was any way to tell if the garage door transmitter was still in it.
If yours is like mine you will also need the separate receiver unit that wires into the garage door opener. Did you receive that with the bike?:(

I would think that a built in garage door opener transmitter would be made by aftermarket OEM contractor like Genie, Stanley or others. Maybe someone has this unit and the matching receiver, certainly based on the model year and availability.

I just went thru hoops finding discontinued but compatible opener for an existing Stanley opener from the 80's so it is possible that the HD one has a compatiblity matrix for garage door receivers it works with. The real question is, do you have an old opener receiver in your house or a modern one. The newer ones like Chamberlain are Security II that have random complex combination changer in 2005 so you xmiter compatibility needs to be checked.

Check this link out for a pic of the transmitter on the bike and the unit thplugs into the garage door opener. My transmitter is undemy fairing below the back of the cigarette lighter because this is where I found it convenient to place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back