FXSTI Heritage Softail?

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Big Dot, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

Hey folks, this is my first post and I need some info please. I recently bought a Harley from an individual. I need a windshield, highway bar and some other parts but now I'm not sure what I have. It is supposed to be an 03 Heritage Softail (on front fender and as advertised) but after checking the VIN (1HD1BVB153Y047384) on the internet I found the BV designates it to be a FXSTI (also on title) can this be a Heritage Softail? All information you can give me on this bike would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Big Dot

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

According to your vin number, this is what It comes back as.

2003 SOFTAIL STANDARD (EFI) - FXSTI
    VIN: 1HD1BVB153Y047384

What size front tire do you have on it. Is it a 16" or a 21" The heritage would have the big wheel (16") in this case.

3. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

It's the 16". I'm thinking someone might have changed the front fork.

4. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

May I suggest you go to ebay and do a search for a 03 Heritage Softail then do a search for a 03 FXSTI and see which one looks like your bike.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

It could have been just the wheel that was changed as both bikes have the same front forks but it's definitely a standard by vin number.

6. readski

readski Member

Hey Big dots.... I have a clear full sized windshield from my 04 Heritage that I am willing to sell.... quick release hardware on the windshield ..you need appropriate brackets on front end...I would ship to you....make an offer?

7. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

Yeah it all seems to be the Heritage except the vin. Is it possible Harley used the wrong letter in the vin bvb rather than bwb?

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

I guess anything is possible, it's just not likely.

It's been probably changed by the previous owner to resemble the heritage which really isn't that much work to do.

9. Big Dot

Big Dot Member

Thanks, I'll learn more about it when warms up a few degrees and I can get it out of my basement.

10. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

gota couple ?'s -- are you 2nd,3rd owner, is there anything "down the line" with the title that it might have been on a "builder's or "salvaged" ?