FXSTC Rear Fender Change

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by jackal, Jan 16, 2013.

1. jackal

jackal New Member

Whats the differance between a 1998 and a 2000 FXSTC frame. Im doing a rear fender swap and need to know if the fender for a 2000 fxstc will fit a 1998 fxstc.
  2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

One difference is the '98 was a Evo motor versus a TC88 in the 2000.In looking at Ronnie's HD parts section it was not to clear on the 2K fender but the swing arms had different part #'s. Do you have both fenders available to compare mounting & fender strut holes? That could tell you a lot or how much you need to modify.
  3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

2000 rear fender Part No: 59914-00
    1999 rear fender Part No: 59753-97
    The part numbers would tend to indicate that it was a new design of fender for 00 by the -00 at the end of the part number
    so for a 98 bike the fender from a 97 98 or 99 would fit fenders prior to 97 did not have the cut out at the forward part of the fender so could possibly be modified to fit

4. jackal

jackal New Member

Thanks Tourbox,
    I don't have both fenders on hand to compare. The 98 fender is the stock one off my scoot and the one I want to switch it with is custom and fits from 00 and up. And being it has to be ordered from a parts book I can't physically compare them.I think Ill just start looking for a different fender.Till next time,Jackal

Brian,Thanks for your info. Really appreciate it. Jackal
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013