free website stats program fxdx | Harley Davidson Forums

fxdx

mlrc10

Hey guys,I want to see what ya'll think.We just bought an 02 super glide sport,our first Harley......so I am an idiot LOL. But I believe the guy we bought it from, may have been even dumber. Or at least lazier.So the bike hasn't been cared for the best way possible.Twice its poured fuel out the carb,so i pulled the carb off this morning,thinking the float was stuck or the needle and seat was hung up.Float was free but I couldn't get the pin out of the float and was scared i was going to break the perch ,so I carried it to the harley shop.I knew the enricher was bad and i needed a gasket so i got them but parts guy said the float was out of adjustment.He held the carb at a 45 degee angle and adjusted the float.Am I missing something...thought the carb was supposed at 15-20 degrees.He swore that would fix it.I put it back together,hopeing I got the cable adjustments right LOL. Seems like it doesn't have the lowend grunt it should and the idle is a little bumpy.Going to pull the plugs first thing tomorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks
john

I have the service manuel. IT says 15-20 degrees.just didn't know if there was another way.as far as the low end goes,its almost as if its going to shut off between gears and when I roll back on the throttle it takes a half a second to go.

Back