free website stats program FXDWG 1,2,3..what the difference? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDWG 1,2,3..what the difference?

OK, So for starters, as far as I can gather from my own research there was an FXDWG2 in 2001 and the FXDWG3 in 2002. Seems as far as I can tell, that up to those years FXDWG 's were just that but I could be way off base here. So I think my insurance agent probably typed somethin in wrong to make it come up as a FXDWG3 in which case I do for sure need to double check in case it does make my insurance cheaper. It's already a way better policy than what I had anyway. But here's something interesting I found in my quest....Motoverse.com, a VIN Decoder for cars, trucks and motorcycles
Don't know how much weight it holds, but it listed my bike as a normal FXDWG when I put in my VIN.
Thanks for the info guys, your answers did make me go into further exploration on this and found out good stuff.

If thats not a cvo its a real good and expensive copy, but methinks it is, wish it was mine! anyway there is a CVO forum "somewhere" that can answer all your questions.

Ventura Rick; Man, that's one gnarley looking sled. I love the silver leaf. There's a used one at the local dealer with small silver leaf flames with blue and silver pin stripes and It's one of the best paint jobs I've seen. Someone said it was a custom paint job. When you run your finger over the silver leaf it is raised but feels smooth as silk, that was before my son in law started drooling all over it...He loves that model bike. Your fairing really makes it stand out.

Did find out for sure there were no FXDWG cvo's in 2000. Someone on the cvo forum posted a link to the Harley Davidson history page on Harley's site. Still a bad ride and all the upgrades were definately done by the previous 2 owners.

There's a used one at the local dealer with small silver leaf flames with blue and silver pin stripes and It's one of the best paint jobs I've seen.

Hi Larry, Yes I saw that same bike about a month ago at Ventura Harley. That is the same model as mine. It was wierd walking in and seeing my bike setting there. I thought I had left it parked outside.:laugh

Back