free website stats program FXDWG 1,2,3..what the difference? | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDWG 1,2,3..what the difference?

00FXDWG

I was at my new insurance agent today getting my 2000 FXDWG insured, and she told me that I had the FXDWG 3 and told me that there's a 1, 2 , and a 3. Well, I've been around and riding bikes all my life including Harleys, but that obviously doesn't mean I know everything about them, long way from it in fact.
So yeah, I'm a doofus :small3d023:
So can somebody tell me what the differences are in them?

Hi, I was under the impression, from when I was shopping, that harley took some fxdwg's from 2000-2002 and tricked them out at the factory, extra chrome, special paint, tan color seats on some etc. these were cvo bikes that added big bucks to the sticker. The 1,2,3, designation was added to identify the diff. mod levels, I think. I may be way off base but its along those lines. You should have one sweet ride if its what I think it is
Cheers!

Well, it is a sweet ride. It has alot of chrome goodies and all. The guy I bought it from told me it it does have a 95" big bore kit in it along with a Mikuni carb and 302e cams but I'm not sure if someone had that done or if it came from the factory. That was what I thought might have qualified it for the 3 though if it came from the factory as such. Either way I love the bike. I've had 3 Yamahas, a Suzuki, and this being my first Harley. And the Harley is by far my favorite out of all of them.

Attachments

• th_untitled-1.jpg
    th_untitled-1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 44
  • th_111.jpg
    th_111.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 58
some had S&S engines and a small headlight fairing that set them apart. I'm sure chopper or glider will chime in with the full scoop

I've never heard of them having S&S engines, always the 95 HD engine from the factory and the 203 cams. They were referred to as a CVO bike (custom vehicle operations) and Harley did that with the FXR for a few years around 1999.

Here are a couple of pics of my "CVO" 2002 FXDWG3 (Wide Glide 3).
The custom paint, chrome and accessories are factory installed on this modle. I have heard different figures, but most say there were less than 1000 of these made in my year, 2002. In 2002, there were no engine mods. I think the 1 is CVO from 2000, the 2 is the CVO from 2001 and the 3 is the CVO from 2002.

Hope this helps.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the pics are not showing up????????

Last edited by a moderator:
your best bet is to put the vin number next to the explanation in the owners manual for your year bike. that will tell you what it really is according to the factory.
frinstance if digit six is a 1 its normal year introducion, if its a 2 or 4 its at half year, if its a 3 its kalifornica. etc.

you should verify if it is actually a FXDWG3. If it's not, you're probably paying a lot of extra money on that insurance policy. CVO bikes are rare and most sellers know what they have. Did the PO tell you of it's pedigree?

Ok, thanks to the help of CDN-BIGFOOT, I have learned how to include pictures in one of these posts. THANK YOU CDN-BIGFOOT.

And now that I can include those pics. Here are a couple of my CVO '02 Dyna Wide Glide 3, FXDWG3. Some differences are pretty obvious. Special paint job (the flames are silver leaf), hooded headlight, wheels, mega chrome everywhere, coordinated custom scheme foot levers, floating brake rotors, ostrich seat cover and more.

It is really nothing I did, so I take no credit, it is just a factory custom, CVO.

rick1062-albums-rick%27s+bikes-picture4263-wg3_small.jpg

rick1062-albums-rick%27s+bikes-picture4264-fender_small.jpg

Back