free website stats program FXDL Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDL Windshield

dmz1965

I am looking for input on replacement windshield on my 06 FXDL; I started with an HD quick detachable supersport windshield but I had quite a bit of buffetting so I swithced to a touring windshield. The new windshield helped me with the buffetting but my wife said she really feels the wind now when we ride two up. I added after market defelctors that mount on the forks which helped a little but it could be better; anyone out there solved this buffetting issue with the Dynas yet?

Hi dmz1965,

I have tired the same things you have mentioned with about the same success. But, have you heard of Aero Vest? This a vest that you wear when riding and has pocket flaps that lift up at about 30 mph and direct the buffeting up and over your head. It really works pretty good. If you are not opposed to wearing a vest, it is a good way to go. I don't wear mine all the time, depending on the weather, but when I do wear it there is much less wind slapping my face. You can test the effect by going for a ride and lift your left hand/arm up and across your chest about top of pocket height. If you feel less wind, the vest will work for you. I am new to the forum, so I can't post links yet, but here is the website you can see them: jacksflaps.com (without the www).

Check it out, if nothing else it is interesting.

Thanks for the info, I have seen the vest and have done the arem across the chest test to see if it would help; it would but I am not a vest wearer.

Back