free website stats program FXDL Stage 3-Warranty? | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDL Stage 3-Warranty?

flyin64

I just took possession of a 98 used LR that has 500 miles on the stage 3 upgrades. does anyone know what warranties may be in effect? it was a private sale and the seller described the upgrade but i have no paperwork. new rider here-thanks

thnks-private sales can be like that.

any experience with upsizing the starter to compensate for the engine mods and compression changes? i am reading that the boring process increases Hp but may make it harder for the normal starter to turn it over.

any experience with upsizing the starter to compensate for the engine mods and compression changes? i am reading that the boring process increases Hp but may make it harder for the normal starter to turn it over.

No exp but hopefully Glider and soem of the Other members can give ya feedback

Once you go over 10 to 1 on compression and depending on the cam used which also effects static compression,the compression can cause a problem with starters. Either a high torque starter and or compression reliefs in the heads are needed.
Maybe try to find out where the work was done and they could tell you more of what's in the engine.

does a stage 3 engine upgrade include a larger starter?
if not, is it a good investment?

i have a 1998 low rider with stage 3 se upgrade (96 in). i learned that the 1.2stock started can go up to 1.4 kw in the same size (length)

is 1.4 kw beefy enough?

thanks for the feedback

with an upgrade to 96 inch, is 1.4 kw the biggest i can or should go?

will a 1.6 or 2.0 kw fit easily or be a beast to get in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back