free website stats program FXDC vs. FXDF | Harley Davidson Forums

FXDC vs. FXDF

Drew

I am looking to buy my first motorcycle, and was pretty set on the superglide custom. After looking at the Fatbob, however, and reading some reviews, that MC has me intrigued as well. Any comments on how the two bikes stack up (pluses and minuses) would be much appreciated.

regards,
Drew

I have the FXDC and love it, but the best thing I think you can do is to rent both bikes and ride them and see which one fits ya best or flip a coin because there both great bikes in my opinion.

I'm with cuznjed, both are great bikes. I'm sure you will be happy either way. Let us know which one you choose, and ride safe. Fuzz

For those who have a Fatbob, have you noticed it more difficult to handle in windy conditions.? I have read some reviews that bikes with the disc wheels are tough to handle at speed and with wind.

thanks
Drew

Hey Drew, You know my opinion...I'm a superglide custom rider, but I have heard both are great rides. I don't think you will go wrong either way, but I agree with cuznjed you should take both out for a spin. --Buck

I've been having trouble finding places that rent either of these bikes. So, I have one last question, then I will just have to make a decision.

One of the features of the FXDF that is appealing is the fatter tires. I figure more rubber on the road has got to be a good thing. Also, I would assume they would absorb bumps/potholes better than the skinnier tires of the FXDC. For you FXDC riders, have you experienced any feelings of "uncertainty" going over big bumps or potholes? Or, if you have ridden other bikes with fatter tires, how would you compare the riding experiences?

As far as ergonomics, I would probably give the nod to the FXDC for comfort, as the pullback handlebars lend itself to a bit more of a relaxed arm position (however, I had no problems reaching the drag-style bars of the FXDF... just a little more stretched out in comparison). I definitely think I would have to move the controls on the FXDC forward, though.

I know all of these issues are rider specific... that is what I am asking. I realize that my experiences may ultimately not be the same as yours, but I want some feedback from those who have experience on these models.

Thanks once again
Drew

I got the FXDF! I love it and don't notice anything specifically different in the wind from my last bike.(Yamaha Warrior)
FWIW I agree with the rest that you find a way to ride them both!

Hi Drew, Don't know if you made your choice yet, but I still opt for the FXDC...I have had no problem with the tire size, and I have heard the opposite...better handling with the thinner tire. I am loving my bike more with each ride. I think you'll bond with either one over time. I really like the way the the DC is dressed out right out of the box. I have added more chrome and accessories since I got her, and she just keeps getting more and more beautiful...It's a love story man! :) Whichever you choose, safe and happy riding. --Buck

Back