free website stats program Fxdb Front end | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fxdb Front end

I wrote that info up for you, not the dealer. Do you really think they will even read it, perform it, and maybe agree with it? I don't. Their going to take it as an insult to their intelligence, laugh at it and think that I am a fool. I can already tell you what the net result will be.

Good Luck with the repair.

Hopple i'm hearing you.....However to go in and suggest the checks you gave gives me a little ammo as to what they should do.I'll ask for a full bearing check and if that doesn't work get them to strip the front and track down whats wrong. The answers no until you ask the question.Insult to their intelligence works out a lot less than the insult to my pocket!! I'll let you know how it goes... Cheers

Well got my bike back from the dealership today and all's good. They re- aligned the front forks and çhecked the bearings which were fine. Also adjusted the neck bolt on the main steering column(don't know what its called) which is my call for the problem(it felt like it was the top end of the forks).
Re the grinding sensation when cornering, the tech. said that he felt it-took aother FXDB from the floor and rode it to find exactly the same thing. They have blamed it on the scortcher tyre and have sent a report to Harley. I'd be interested to hear about other cases like this with these tyres on this model.... Thanks for the help Hopple and co. Have a great day.

Well got my bike back from the dealership today and all's good. They re- aligned the front forks and çhecked the bearings which were fine. Also adjusted the neck bolt on the main steering column(don't know what its called) which is my call for the problem(it felt like it was the top end of the forks).
Re the grinding sensation when cornering, the tech. said that he felt it-took aother FXDB from the floor and rode it to find exactly the same thing. They have blamed it on the scortcher tyre and have sent a report to Harley. I'd be interested to hear about other cases like this with these tyres on this model.... Thanks for the help Hopple and co. Have a great day.

I also have a 2010 Street Bob, I get the same. Its a vibration when I lean, its almost like the wheel is riding on the edge of the bearing race instead of on the bearing itself when there is pressure added to the side or off center of the tire. I havent spoken with anybody at the dealership yet. If you get any solid answers, please share.

Did anyone get a solid answer. 4 years later fom original post; I bought a 2010 with 2300 miles on it. Same thing. Additionally I notice it more when engine is not under load. Taking a mild turn while slowing down seems to grind more.
Any insight appreciated
WAP.gif

Back