free website stats program fxcw | Harley Davidson Forums

fxcw

Because I bought the bike used and didn't realize it came with security system only has one fob, and I am really unsure how it works, already has caused me a dead battery once.

it was dead when I picked it up at barge line it had been shipped to me on it had been in transit for 5 days

Last edited:
It would be easier to learn how the security system works than to remove it.
The Buttonless Fob just has to be near the bike for the bike to start. It probably caused the battery to go dead because it wasn't put into transport mode while it was being shipped and the light were blinking on the whole trip. If you charge the battery up it should be fine. If your going to ship or haul the bike just put the Fob with the bike or set the security to "transport mode" To do that have the Fob present and turn the key to "IGNITION", then turn it to ACCESS and simultaneously press bothe left and right turn signal switches. They will blink once, then turn the ignition switch off and you in transport mode. The blinkers will blink 3 times indicating it's in transport mode.
To get out of it just have the Fob present again and turn the bike on.

okay, thanks I have an owners manual on the way, so I will be able to figure out security system. I just thought that maybe it was something I could just unplug, or simply take off of bike. thanks again

If you could just unplug then so could the guy stealing your bike. :s It's all married to the computer and it pretty involved and I think would require a trip to a dealer to remove it.

5 days shouldn't affect the battery when i'm over seas mine sits for 5 months and doesn't bother the batt at all I get home it fires right up

5 days shouldn't affect the battery when i'm over seas mine sits for 5 months and doesn't bother the batt at all I get home it fires right up
It wouldn't fire right up if your blinkers were flashing the whole time you were gone. When a bike with a security system gets bumped around (like it would on a barge) the blinkers flash, hence the dead battery..:s

Back