free website stats program Fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuse

Fisherking

I'm having a problem with my speedo turn signal and breaklight fuse . what eilse runs off this fuse ? Is it the IAC, becuse when this fuse went , the bike wouldn't idlle right . Is the fuse going a sign the IAC is on its way out .
I have had problems with the bike having a hard time idleing . But just on rare ocasions .

What eiles runs of the same cercut as the speedo?
Thanks F.K.

P.S. I have looked in self help. I may just not navagating it right .

Fender tip light if you have one. If you do, you should be able to unplug it alone as a test.

I can't say for sure F.K. but we have seen the wires under the fender get abraded and cause a short. I'm not saying that that is your problem but it might be a place to look. I had a problem with my '94 FLSTC in the neck area. A couple of the wire in the bundle rubbed against each other and shorted out when I turned the bike to full right lock. Did you check your manual to make sure you're running the correct fuse? Also did you check the fuse socket to see if there is any fretting or corrosion?

I can't say for sure F.K. but we have seen the wires under the fender get abraded and cause a short. I'm not saying that that is your problem but it might be a place to look. I had a problem with my '94 FLSTC in the neck area. A couple of the wire in the bundle rubbed against each other and shorted out when I turned the bike to full right lock. Did you check your manual to make sure you're running the correct fuse? Also did you check the fuse socket to see if there is any fretting or corrosion?
I went through the lights and took the faring off . I noticed one of the wires were off the trip reset. I plugged back in and replaced the fuse and everything worked well for a bit then Out goes the speedo. checked and the fuse was gone again . I took the faring off again and the wire was still plugged in to the trip switch . I'm thinking I found one problem but there might have been two problems . so I have it tore apart again .
Will the turn signal relay be shorting out . Could that cause my problem .

Thanks F.K.

Blowing fuses tells me you have a short somewhere, not sure if the relay is the problem. Have you checked the wire under the rear fender for shorts? that wire is prone to wearing through and shorting out. Just a thought.

Back