free website stats program fuse box or circuit breaker | Harley Davidson Forums

fuse box or circuit breaker

bulldawg

i have a 1987 flhtc i'm trying to find where the fuse box is located & no its not on the left side under the seat. if anybody knows how many circuit breaker this bike has so far i found 4 in the faring. i'm trying to trouble shoot the problem the battery is fully charge but u turn the bike on & no power. it seem i fix 1 problem another pop up

Behind the headlight,check the relays.Ofcourse battery terminal connections at both ends.A quick test that I've done is a separate hot wire for battery to hot side of ign. switch.use the breaker off pos. side of battery for safety.Turn switch on,if nothing happens ign.switch is bad.If you get power to the bike trace your main hot wire back to find the open circuit

Look in the nacelle under the speedo for breakers.

Im a simple guy I had to google this. LOL

Nacelle - is a cover housing

I'm even simpler, if you had not posted it, I was gonna ask :lolrolling
So I guess that's the old word for console cover ?

Behind the headlight,check the relays.Ofcourse battery terminal connections at both ends.A quick test that I've done is a separate hot wire for battery to hot side of ign. switch.use the breaker off pos. side of battery for safety.Turn switch on,if nothing happens ign.switch is bad.If you get power to the bike trace your main hot wire back to find the open circuit

Ugh ok, lets us know what you find out. Hope you get er startun up.

I am having the same problem my passing lamps they just went out and I tested them with test light and no juice and then I tested the switch and no juice so I need to check the fuse and I cant find it DOES anyone know where it is??

I am having the same problem my passing lamps they just went out and I tested them with test light and no juice and then I tested the switch and no juice so I need to check the fuse and I cant find it DOES anyone know where it is??

Under your left cover.

I have a 1992 FLHTCU that I just went through. There are 4 ckt. brkrs. mounted to the top tripple tree behind the fairing(outer).Main,Ign.,Lights,Access
The fuses behind my left cover were for the CB set up. The only other fuse I remember was for Cruise Control under the seat.

Im a simple guy I had to google this. LOL

Nacelle - is a cover housing
Don't feel bad danger dan, I hadn't the foggiest idea what that meant when I first read it on this forum a few years ago. Like yourself I looked it up and found out. I have learned quite a bit since I became a regular reader of HDTimeline.

Back