free website stats program fulsacs and heat shields. | Harley Davidson Forums

fulsacs and heat shields.

flhrrider

So you replace the stock header with a fulsac to remove the heat from the cat. Don't the stock heat shields retain heat also? Plus I'm thinking I like the flat black look. Do you think it'll hold up over time? It'll be on a '11 flhrc.
thanks, flhrrider

Heat shields are just a protective barrier fm exhaust pipe - getting the CAT out is you bigger heat generator. Black exhaust last the same as chrome (ceramic coated, or HT paint) with proper care. Been running black Bub-7's for almost a year & still look new...another good thing w/black - no bluing...

Heat shields are just a protective barrier fm exhaust pipe - getting the CAT out is you bigger heat generator. Black exhaust last the same as chrome (ceramic coated, or HT paint) with proper care. Been running black Bub-7's for almost a year & still look new...another good thing w/black - no bluing...

Iceman24,

You are so "right-on" stating this one...

I really love that I got the 09 instead of the 10 sitting behind it.. No Cats in the 09 model on the King. So simply cooler from the start..

I could NOT imagine the MORE Heat generated by catalytic's as I felt Mine really HOT from the start...Going to full stage one and TFI really made a BIG difference on the Cooling affect on my bike.:bigsmiley8:

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie; exactly why I passed the entire line-up of 2010 Street Glides and picked from the only remaining 2009 in any variation of black...:)

Now w/the breather, TFI & TD's - I couldn't be more pleased...bike runs fantastic - even in 90-degree/100% humidity NE summer.

How exactly does the Fullsac thing work? Order them up and then swap once they arrive or do you send yours in and they do it to the original pipes? I have an '11 and it's too hot as well. I have only put the stage 1 breather on? What is the full stage 1 mod?

How exactly does the Fullsac thing work? Order them up and then swap once they arrive or do you send yours in and they do it to the original pipes? I have an '11 and it's too hot as well. I have only put the stage 1 breather on? What is the full stage 1 mod?

My Full Stage One consist of:
SE Air breather, V&Hines Slip-ons, TFI by Dobecks Performance.

The TFI cost about as much as the Wasted $$ you pay for a HD Down-load... I would Never need the Down-load..

TFI made the biggest Heat Loss on my bike. The three I used as stage ONE really Cooled the bike.

signed....BUBBIE

Back