fulsacs and heat shields.

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by flhrrider, Jul 8, 2011.

1. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

So you replace the stock header with a fulsac to remove the heat from the cat. Don't the stock heat shields retain heat also? Plus I'm thinking I like the flat black look. Do you think it'll hold up over time? It'll be on a '11 flhrc.
    thanks, flhrrider

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Heat shields are just a protective barrier fm exhaust pipe - getting the CAT out is you bigger heat generator. Black exhaust last the same as chrome (ceramic coated, or HT paint) with proper care. Been running black Bub-7's for almost a year & still look new...another good thing w/black - no bluing...

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Iceman24,

You are so "right-on" stating this one...

I really love that I got the 09 instead of the 10 sitting behind it.. No Cats in the 09 model on the King. So simply cooler from the start..

I could NOT imagine the MORE Heat generated by catalytic's as I felt Mine really HOT from the start...Going to full stage one and TFI really made a BIG difference on the Cooling affect on my bike.:bigsmiley8:

signed....BUBBIE

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Bubbie; exactly why I passed the entire line-up of 2010 Street Glides and picked from the only remaining 2009 in any variation of black...:)

Now w/the breather, TFI & TD's - I couldn't be more pleased...bike runs fantastic - even in 90-degree/100% humidity NE summer.

5. thkmann

thkmann Member

How exactly does the Fullsac thing work? Order them up and then swap once they arrive or do you send yours in and they do it to the original pipes? I have an '11 and it's too hot as well. I have only put the stage 1 breather on? What is the full stage 1 mod?

6. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

My Full Stage One consist of:
    SE Air breather, V&Hines Slip-ons, TFI by Dobecks Performance.

The TFI cost about as much as the Wasted $$ you pay for a HD Down-load... I would Never need the Down-load..

TFI made the biggest Heat Loss on my bike. The three I used as stage ONE really Cooled the bike.

signed....BUBBIE

7. Griff FLTR

Griff FLTR Member

After this post I'll have five so I can post a link to help out...

8. Griff FLTR

Griff FLTR Member

Here's another way to reduce heat for not a lot of money. I put them on my RG and it's a serious improvement. 105 in the shade in Cowtown.

index.html

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

10. Griff FLTR

Griff FLTR Member

I bought the heat/saddle shields from rjsoriginals and they really help control heat on your thighs. It's 105 in the shade in Cowtown.

index.html

Thanks to this forum, that's how I found them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011