free website stats program Full time or part time 2 up ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Full time or part time 2 up ?

DynaBike

I bought a 2 up seat for my wife and I, but there will be lots of times she doesn't ride... so I'm trying to decide before I put money in a backrest... if I should get a solid backrest and ride solo with 2 up seat and rest...or get a detachable backrest and solo seat and swap it all out when she isn't riding ? I was originally leaning towards solid 2 up setup, mostly cause it's cheaper, but I'm having second thoughts. Which do you guys prefer ? Opinions pls ?

Thks.

I bought a 2 up seat for my wife and I, but there will be lots of times she doesn't ride... so I'm trying to decide before I put money in a backrest... if I should get a solid backrest and ride solo with 2 up seat and rest...or get a detachable backrest and solo seat and swap it all out when she isn't riding ? I was originally leaning towards solid 2 up setup, mostly cause it's cheaper, but I'm having second thoughts. Which do you guys prefer ? Opinions pls ?

Thks.
and you can get a removeable on ebay real cheap , just need to give it time

It's all about personal preference.
I have a 06 FXDCI with a HD Tall-Boy seat and detachable sissy bar that we I ride 2 up 90% of the time.
The sissy bar does rattle if she is not against it. If I am going to ride solo, I switch to the stock seat and leave the sissy bar off. I REALLY like the looks of it without the sissy bar and the stock seat.
You have to weigh what you prefer. 1) A detachable will probably rattle if you’re not 2 up. 2) The looks of having a sissy bar while riding solo. 3) You could go with a short sissy bar.
It's a tuff questions and nobody here can do that for you.
Ride safe.
Don

Part time for me on my Ultra so I went with detachable for the tourpak. That way I can reduce the weight by 42 pounds if not using the TP, attach a back rest and/or luggage rack if needed or go to my Mustang solo seat with removable backrest. Can also attach a luggage rack behind the solo if needed. Thinking now of a solo mount for the TP.
Options are many and can be changed from total solo to full dress with TP in less than 20 minutes.

Back