Full time or part time 2 up ?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by DynaBike, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DynaBike

DynaBike Member

I bought a 2 up seat for my wife and I, but there will be lots of times she doesn't ride... so I'm trying to decide before I put money in a backrest... if I should get a solid backrest and ride solo with 2 up seat and rest...or get a detachable backrest and solo seat and swap it all out when she isn't riding ? I was originally leaning towards solid 2 up setup, mostly cause it's cheaper, but I'm having second thoughts. Which do you guys prefer ? Opinions pls ?

Thks.

2. WHM1

WHM1 Junior Member

Removable... gives the bike a must better look solo riding

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

4. fwcole

fwcole Active Member

Solo looks alot better

5. dhorne

dhorne Active Member

and you can get a removeable on ebay real cheap , just need to give it time

6. 06SuperG

06SuperG Member

It's all about personal preference.
    I have a 06 FXDCI with a HD Tall-Boy seat and detachable sissy bar that we I ride 2 up 90% of the time.
    The sissy bar does rattle if she is not against it. If I am going to ride solo, I switch to the stock seat and leave the sissy bar off. I REALLY like the looks of it without the sissy bar and the stock seat.
    You have to weigh what you prefer. 1) A detachable will probably rattle if you’re not 2 up. 2) The looks of having a sissy bar while riding solo. 3) You could go with a short sissy bar.
    It's a tuff questions and nobody here can do that for you.
    Ride safe.
    Don

7. DynaBike

DynaBike Member

8. lv2ride56

lv2ride56 Member

Part time for me on my Ultra so I went with detachable for the tourpak. That way I can reduce the weight by 42 pounds if not using the TP, attach a back rest and/or luggage rack if needed or go to my Mustang solo seat with removable backrest. Can also attach a luggage rack behind the solo if needed. Thinking now of a solo mount for the TP.
    Options are many and can be changed from total solo to full dress with TP in less than 20 minutes.

9. CIB1Infantry

CIB1Infantry Member

When the wifes not riding with me (most of the time) I remove the rest and put my solo back on.

10. Polarbear

Polarbear Active Member

Always have the two up seat on, you never know when you will need it!