Full flush

Discussion in 'Oil' started by the draggin, Aug 19, 2011.

1. the draggin

the draggin Active Member

I read the article on how to flush the Dyna engine oil out but how do you flush and EVO? I broke a Revtech aluminum push-rod and after replacing all the rods with 4130's fully adjustable units I have oil filling the air filter. I replaced the umbrellas and cleaned out the rocker boxes, and still it pushes oil. I have an S&S reed type vent in the cam case and that is my next step..I would like to flush the block before I put it back together. Can this be done through the cam case? I appreciate any help, thanks...

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I dont know why the Dyna way would not work on an EVO, did you clean or replace the tappet screen ?

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Oil flow is in the opposite direction:D

4. Jack Klarich

5. the draggin

I pulled the cam cover and washed it out then I tipped the bike over to drain the crank case. I cleaned the breather (S&S reed type) and was reassembling the bike when I discovered one of the new pushrods I got from V-Thunder had a crack in the nut end of the rod, so now I'm attempting to get with them on what to do. So, I cleaned out the tappet screen, it was full of something that appeared to be foam rubber, definitely non-metallic, soo this could cause the excessive oil blowing into the airfilter?

6. Jack Klarich

Yep, and also cause the lifters to not pump up and valve train noise

7. the draggin

Well whooda thunk. I just need to find out where the stuff in the screen came from. I ahd the engine done about 3K ago and ran it in on dyno oil for 750 miles then went to Amsoil. Found nothing at that change in the screen. I had planned the next change this past week anyway so I hope all the stuff gets washed out. Thanks.......