Full face ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by zman1968, Feb 14, 2013.

1. zman1968

zman1968 Member

Would like to hear you guys opinion on wearing a full face helmet on a bagger. Personally I think it looks wierd.

2. PaPa T

PaPa T Active Member

I wear a full face on my Heritage. Don't care what it looks like. I have had my jaw wired shut once and never want to go throught that again. As long as I feel comfortable that's all that counts.

PaPa T
    Nam Vet

3. PGH_Harley

PGH_Harley Banned

I've known people that have had their jaws wired shut as well, not something I would want either. Full face here.

4. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

Getting ready to send my Outlaw Low profile back because of the recall and am probably gonna get a modular or a full face( modular will make getting a drink on the bike possible).Nothing like a full face if you get caught in the rain.....

5. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

...and/or COLD! Full here also! Ditto on the looks!

:breakdance:cheers

6. bc45

bc45 Active Member

I have a Modular and a 1/2 helmet that I wear on my Heritage and E/G classic. no body has ever told me I look funny with the modular.I probly look better with the full face on. The modular is good for taking a drink or communicating with fellow riders at a light.

7. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

I wear a complete set of protective equipment including a full face helmet. And none of it has the words HD or Harley on it. And I wear it winter or summer.

Yep, I look like one of those sportbike guys. Which works out well, because I also have sportbikes.

8. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

Full face modular HJC helmet probably 95% of the time. Still have the 3/4 helmet from 17 years ago that gets used occasionally.

Don't much care how I look when riding, just know that I look a lot better than I would if I went down without it.

1 person likes this.
  9. burningmoney

burningmoney Member

I've seen it both ways here in AZ. The constant wind blowing makes the full face option more popular.

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As I live in a cold wet climate full face is usually what i wear Mine has a built in bluetooth headset can be linked to another helmet for comms on the road
    I do prefer to keep all the air vents open all the time to allow airflow through the helmet and i also helps keep the visor clear

Brian