free website stats program full exhaust or slip on | Harley Davidson Forums

full exhaust or slip on

After reading a few threads here it seems alot of you are using slip ons instead of a full exhaust system, is there a reason for this besides cost ?

I agree with Glider. The new exhaust is well engineered. Slip-ons mufflers,intake and remapping and go ride.

Question here. I've put on Rush slip ons and love the sound BUT, I've always liked the look of the tapered stock mufflers. After adding a stage 1 upgrade and awaiting delivery of my TFI F1-1250ST,what would happen if I put on the original mufflers but "adjusted" them like we used to do back in the 70's with a technical tool called a crowbar ?

Question here. I've put on Rush slip ons and love the sound BUT, I've always liked the look of the tapered stock mufflers. After adding a stage 1 upgrade and awaiting delivery of my TFI F1-1250ST,what would happen if I put on the original mufflers but "adjusted" them like we used to do back in the 70's with a technical tool called a crowbar ?

You'll have a set of original muffs that look like someone took a crowbar to them !!!hahahahahaha! sorry could'nt help myself!!!! :breakdance

Save the stock slip-on takeoffs and leave them alone, so you can put them back on when you need to have emissions or noise level inspection. Legistlation is getting tougher and tougher for user modified fueler or exhaust systems.

Most manufacturers of A/F mixture devices technically violate EPA standards and many are being fined. The same can be said for aftermarket exhaust system manufacturers may also be guilty of violating EPA sound standards and users who "knowingly" modify them may also be subject to stiff fines, given fix it ticket to put things back to stock, or have to face the bike being impounded...so take necessary steps to be able to "downgrade" if necessary. JMHO...

Ok, I'll keep the crowbar away from them and hide them in a safe place in case the sound cops show up. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the opinions and especially you R.Lewis for the giggle. This place is great.

All good points but another reason why I went with slip ons is because all the full sets that I have seen run the pipe up under the seat like the ancient 08's :p which would bring the whole heating problem to my technologically superior 09

All good points but another reason why I went with slip ons is because all the full sets that I have seen run the pipe up under the seat like the ancient 08's :p which would bring the whole heating problem to my technologically superior 09

I to have noticed this, the only full set of exhaust i have found is vance and hines that routes the same as tha 09 on the street glide. Some shops around here say v&h are not a good quality, i didn't ask if they were refering to workmanship or sound or other, what do you guys think ?
What are the problems associated with a full exhaust as with slip ons ? Do you get the full deep loud tone with slips as compared to full ?
Sorry for all the ? I just don't want to make a wrong choice.

Back