free website stats program FUELPACK vs TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

FUELPACK vs TFI

chief9042

So I have a 2010 limited. I am looking at putting a SE A/C with some monster ovals. I am looking for some advise on the header pipes (should I replace them and if i do what is recommended. I have heat concerns). Also I am wondering about the fuelpack vs the TFI. Any help would be greatly appreciated. GO ARMY!!!!!!

Do the PD header pipes create a lot of heat? I am thinking about doing all the work myself. I am semi-mechanical but never really worked on bikes. How difficult is the pipes, mufflers, A/C, and TFI to install. Dealership said 3.5H@$65ph. Looking to save a little money. What do you think.

The a/f,slip-ons,and the TFI are a breeze...although I did have to remove my gas tank ( 3 fasteners ) to get to the fuel injector wiring.I haven't installed the header pipe yet but can't imagine it being rocket science either.There shouldn't be any hurddles to big for you to jump.

I'm all thumbs + no problem to install h pipes. or TFI or a/c. its fun + u get to know your bike. in the proses

I just installed the TFI saturday it was an easy install and setup, I also looked at the Vance & Hines Fuelpak the one thing I didnt like about it is you can only set it the way they tell you to, they wont let it out as to what each setting is. The TFI you can make adjustments. I guess I like messing with things. This is just my 2cents worth, but I'm sure the fuelpac is a very good unit.

Mark

I spoke to someone at Dobeck. I am in the military and I get a really good discount. Now my only decision is TFI 2.0 or the TFI 3.5. I think I make up my mind and I am going to try to do it myself. Will same me 250 bucks. Now, Ness Big Sucker or SE A/C?

Tfi- I put one on this weekend and was very easy. You can also do your stage 1 in different stages too, if needed.

Back