free website stats program fuel tank | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel tank

I have a 1998 WG 95th anniversary , I am going to have the tins repainted and not sure how well the metal emblems on the tank will come off, I can get some new ones off of e-bay but haven't found any yet for a WG. could anyone tell me what other model tanks would be the same as a WG thanks

Not sure what other model tanks would have the same emblem but you might want to check with your dealer. Sometimes they have tank decals. This would also be a good opportunity to customize a little bit and put whatever you want on there. The good part of repainting is the sky is the limit and you can do whatever you want.

If you go through the dealer to get exact matches you may have to give them vin # and the emblem, H-D co. has some restrictions on ann. marked parts.

Quite often you have to turn in the old badges to get the new ones with the dealers. Go figure!

Often the badges can be removed without damage by using fine fishing line or dental floss and a heat gun. Heat the badge area and "saw" between the adhesive and the tank. Then you can glue back on. I don't know about the '98 Dyna wide glide tank, but '93-'96 wide glide tanks were different than other Dyna tanks (rear bolt mounts and petcock location).

Back