free website stats program fuel tank | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel tank

shai

Is it possible to change the fuel tank of 883 low to a larger one and what is the

capacity of the larger one.?

Thnks.

Sure there are 4.5 gallon tanks ... i have a 2007 883 low,, i bought a 4.5 gallon tank from my local harley shop already painted to match and everything.. cost alot but to me was well worth it

Peanut tank looks good, but 3.3 gals just did not cut it on my 2004 XL1200R, but new seat is needed for the new 4.5 gal. tank from 2005 XL1200C which indexes the forward seat "horn" a bit, but Drag Specialties flame seat w/pillion was an easy change.

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

My brother put a "twin bob" tank on his 1999 sporty - looked real good. Can't ask how he did it b/c he doesn't talk w/me anymore...:(

Somehow we had a falling-out, but I don't recall why. Anyway - yes, there are aftermarket tanks for your bike. Just do a little research & envisioning. Good luck!

My brother put a "twin bob" tank on his 1999 sporty - looked real good. Can't ask how he did it b/c he doesn't talk w/me anymore...:(

Somehow we had a falling-out, but I don't recall why. Anyway - yes, there are aftermarket tanks for your bike. Just do a little research & envisioning. Good luck!

I have a twin bob tank on my sporty and put one on the wifes sporty the 70 mile range of the wee peanut tank just did not work well in the more remote areas of scotland they came as kits with new mounts front and rear but that was for the rigid mount sportys the frame on the rubber mounts is different but im sure that out there someplace is a kit to fit a larger tank to just about every harley

Brian

Some of the older Iron Roadsters came stock with the superglide4.2 tank:s

Back