free website stats program fuel tank difference | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel tank difference

Hampton

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between an 2003 fxsti fuel tank and a 2003 fxstdi fuel tank. Just laid bike down need to replace tank found one i am not sure wether my guts from tank are compatable with the duece model. I am hoping that it is and dosn't take to much modifications. Thanks for any help

If I am not mistaken they are two different tanks. The Deuce tank is stretched where as the standard tank well, its standard.

Thanks for info. i have checked into it further and because of the stretching of the tank it also mounts a little differently. Back to searching.

Getting the HD Parts Catalog for your year & model will be real helpful in finding compatible parts. Once you have the part number for your tank, you can go on line & easily find a replacement.

Tank difference fxsti/fxstdi

Currently have 2003 fxsti can anyone tell me if there is any major difference between the fxstdi (deuce) tank? I know that the tank is stretched a bit. The only thing i noticed is the rear mounting is different. If i change over from my current tank to the deuce tank, is that the only modification or does it effect other parts? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

Re: Tank difference fxsti/fxstdi

I moved this thread here with the one you already have started on the subject.

Back