fuel tank difference

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Hampton, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Hampton

Hampton Member

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between an 2003 fxsti fuel tank and a 2003 fxstdi fuel tank. Just laid bike down need to replace tank found one i am not sure wether my guts from tank are compatable with the duece model. I am hoping that it is and dosn't take to much modifications. Thanks for any help

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

If I am not mistaken they are two different tanks. The Deuce tank is stretched where as the standard tank well, its standard.

3. Hampton

Hampton Member

Thanks for info. i have checked into it further and because of the stretching of the tank it also mounts a little differently. Back to searching.

4. 66cruiser

66cruiser Active Member

Getting the HD Parts Catalog for your year & model will be real helpful in finding compatible parts. Once you have the part number for your tank, you can go on line & easily find a replacement.

5. Hampton

Hampton Member

Tank difference fxsti/fxstdi

Currently have 2003 fxsti can anyone tell me if there is any major difference between the fxstdi (deuce) tank? I know that the tank is stretched a bit. The only thing i noticed is the rear mounting is different. If i change over from my current tank to the deuce tank, is that the only modification or does it effect other parts? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Re: Tank difference fxsti/fxstdi

I moved this thread here with the one you already have started on the subject.