free website stats program Fuel tank badge | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel tank badge

You know...we all have changes we do to our iron to make it OUR's, how many of you have changed your tank badge? I just change mine this week on my 2012 FLHX, I still don't know if its for the better but it's mine...:)

Attachments

• 2011-10-16_09.36.51.jpg
    2011-10-16_09.36.51.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 187
Nice one. I spent a lot of time searching the internet for tank emblems, but in the end, I liked what I already had the best.

This is from the 2011 Road King Peace Officer Special Edition.

df018.jpg at Free Image Hosting

The stock Road King is a decal instead of a solid aluminum emblem.

Cookiemonster I like it, never seen that one before! Where did you get that from?

The only thing I don't like about my bike is the tank badge. I would change it out but I am afraid the way the pin stripping is it wouldn't look good. Not to mention how to you get it straight and even? LOL

Last edited:
Mine was a police bike. When I got it from the auction it had no chrome and ugly dull white paint (so they could cover the police emblems). I repainted it myself with a cadillac pearl white. Then I inlaid these decals into the clear and then cleared over the whole thing. Turned out pretty good. I like different. Get alot of comments on it as it looks hand lettered.

Attachments

• TankBadge.jpg
    TankBadge.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 68
I was lucky enough to have my tank changed do to dirt in the paint...
Install a vivid black police tank and installed these badges.....
Fuel Tank Nameplate | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA
hi also am lookin to fit this 61-62 pan head emblem to my 2010 Roadie. This adapter you used ( i guess on your Glide) will fit my 2010 Roadie ? 61740-90T
Also read that dental floss get the old badge off. What did you use to clean off the ret of the glue ? Alchol ? I'm in England so we dont have your brand names over here. 'Goo off ' an such.need to find something that wont damage the paint and dont want to experiment lol

calgarybikebum- how could you possibly destroy a birch white beautiful plain jane? my police bike will NEVER show a badge or emblem except the air cleaner ring and the badge on the tach. the '10 UC goes in on sunday for a custom emblem on the tank. found it in my late brother's belongings. will post when it comes home.

hi also am lookin to fit this 61-62 pan head emblem to my 2010 Roadie. This adapter you used ( i guess on your Glide) will fit my 2010 Roadie ? 61740-90T
Also read that dental floss get the old badge off. What did you use to clean off the ret of the glue ? Alchol ? I'm in England so we dont have your brand names over here. 'Goo off ' an such.need to find something that wont damage the paint and dont want to experiment lol
Use the dental floss to remove the old glued on plate and WD-40 to remove the remaining glue. Remove the WD-40 oily residue with rubbing alcohol before applying the new plate.

sanshorncover.jpg

I had a ghost logo airbrushed when the tank was repainted (Complements of some fresh chip-seal)

Back