free website stats program Fuel Strainer only? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Strainer only?

92FXRS

I have a '92 FXRS Low Rider w/EVO 80. I have checked the service manual & this forum, but all I can find is the fuel strainer in the tank above the fuel valve.
My question, is this the ONLY fuel filter, & if so, how often should it be cleaned and/or replaced ?

Unless someone added another filter, that is the only one that comes on the bike. It depends on the quality/cleanliness of the fuel you get as to how often it should be cleaned. I like to clean any tank out completely every few years. It prevents problems before they occur.

I usually install a new flat rubber gasket and use a little teflon sealer on the threads when going back together. Key word being little. All just cheap insurance against fuel leaks.

I usually install a new flat rubber gasket and use a little teflon sealer on the threads when going back together. Key word being little. All just cheap insurance against fuel leaks.

Chopper I am using Permatex brush on Teflon on all fittings I install, I think it is easier to use than teflon tape, Whats your take on this, Jack

I use the little white expensive overpriced squeeze tubes that HD sells, what can I say, still trying to rub the staff patch off my arm. I think any Teflon paste that will not be affected by gas is good. better then tape.

Back