free website stats program fuel pumps | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel pumps

I'm going to change my tune on the after market fuel pump, well at least on a cheap one.
I'm not sure about quality of the High Flow Fuel Pump you are looking at but I don't think you are gaining any performance by adding volume your motor isn't using anyhow.
Walbro is a good name in pumps but they don't spec out a replacement for bikes that I could find. Some one on another forum had one out of a truck and it looked identical to the one from his bike, problem is spec'ing one out with the correct PSI & LHR (I think 55-62 PSI & LHP???). Here is a link to a Walbro pump I found but I DO NOT KNOW if its plug-n-play, you would need to inspect OEM and Walbro side-by-side.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gca3366-2/overview/

I also stumbled across this from Marren Fuel Injection for HD,
Harley Davidson Injection - Marren Fuel Injection
May be worth a call at least.

These pumps are in the $120 zone plus shipping but still a good savings from $250.

I'm going to change my tune on the after market fuel pump, well at least on a cheap one.
I'm not sure about quality of the High Flow Fuel Pump you are looking at but I don't think you are gaining any performance by adding volume your motor isn't using anyhow.
Walbro is a good name in pumps but they don't spec out a replacement for bikes that I could find. Some one on another forum had one out of a truck and it looked identical to the one from his bike, problem is spec'ing one out with the correct PSI & LHR (I think 55-62 PSI & LHP???). Here is a link to a Walbro pump I found but I DO NOT KNOW if its plug-n-play, you would need to inspect OEM and Walbro side-by-side.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gca3366-2/overview/

I also stumbled across this from Marren Fuel Injection for HD,
Harley Davidson Injection - Marren Fuel Injection
May be worth a call at least.

These pumps are in the $120 zone plus shipping but still a good savings from $250.

Thanks for the info. The High Flow pump is an oem replacement with the same parameters as the H-D. I did see the Walbro, like you say it may be worth a call.

Back