free website stats program Fuel Pump won't prime. | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Pump won't prime.

When I turn the Ignition switch to ignition, the fuel pump doesnt prime.
I checked the run/stop switch and all the other wires from the right handlebar. I checked the fuses and relays but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Lol, both. I have power but it won't crank. I think it is a security system problem. I have tried all the fixes pertaining to the security system but it won't let me in to reset my password and reprogram the fob. I am getting to the end of my knowledge on this one. I have tried everything I know but still nothing.

I've heard of this happening but it's way above my pay grade. I'm sure someone will chime in and help you or maybe try calling the service dept at your local dealer and ask them.

The more information you GIVE, the more you are likely to receive. Model, year, etc. When you turn the ign. on do the signals flash twice, or more than twice. Is your headlight ,tailight, inst. lights on?

The more information you GIVE, the more you are likely to receive. Model, year, etc. When you turn the ign. on do the signals flash twice, or more than twice. Is your headlight ,tailight, inst. lights on?

SorryBreeze, this is on a 2009 Ultra. The lights go on both headlight and taillights, instruments, horn works, the signals don't blink at all. The radio works. The security light blinks 2 to 3 times ad then stays on steady.No fuel pump noise,and no starter noise. any thing else you can think of?

Last edited:
Are you sure the fob battery in in correctly, easy to put in backwards. If it won't let you in to change password, it is almost certainly fob related. The bike must be leaning on jiffy stand, and NO wiggling or bumping of the bike when attempting.

Yes, I just double checked the battery and it is installed correctly (+ down per the fob) I have previously been trying to do the reset with me holding the bike up off the jiffy stand. I will try it again tomorrow and let you know what happens. This is has been the most baffling problem i have ever had with this bike. I have almost decided to take it to the dealer. Almost is the operative word here, lol.

Can You move the bike with fob near and igniton off?If turn signals flash,it is a security issue.Fob problem.

Back