free website stats program Fuel Pump Runs After Key Turned Off | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Pump Runs After Key Turned Off

Re: New guy here and dont know how to ask questions in the forums

i hear the fuel pump of my 2008 sportster 1200 running after the key is turned off

Welcome to The Forum, How long has this been going on? Do you have a manual? I can only guess at this one, does any thing else work with the ignition off? Has this bike ever been wrecked or had any wiring done say as in handle bars or controls/

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the system relay located on the fuse panel. Remove it to see if the fuel pump stops running. I've had several of these relays fail due to corrosion in the energized position. Replacement cost is about 12 dollars.

i hear the fuel pump of my 2008 sportster 1200 running after the key is turned off

hello there my 07 883 L did the same thing , i had too pull all the fuses and relays , clean the fuses and fuse plugs of all the corrosion , coat the metal tabs on the fuses and coat the fuse block contacts with dielectric grease. havent had any problems since, now going into 3rd year problem free.
hope this helps ride safe and ride often

Back