free website stats program Fuel Processor Necessary? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Processor Necessary?

hd4evr

Banned
I'm wanting to add an SE air filter and RineHart slip-ons to my 2007 Super Glide. I was just reading the current issue of American Iron, and I found THIS statement in an article about installing an aftermarket exhaust, and I QUOTE:

"Since 2007 and later bikes have O2 sensors in their exhaust header pipes, the stock EFI ECM module will usually adapt to an air cleaner and an exhaust system change without ANY fuel tuner being installed."

Is this true? If so, it would save me a lot of $$$ since I could do everything myself. Is a fuel tuner really not needed?

Fuel is a very important part of a stage one, for cooling as well as power, I might change mufflers on a new bike with out adding a tuner, download or fueler, but not intake. Read these install instructions from harley on S/E air cleaner, read down to page 2 of 3, you must recalibrate or it can result in severe engine damage, it's a no brainer, you paid $15,000 to $20,000 for your bike, a few more hundred to protect it is a good investment.
Harley Davidson Community

add fuel it needs it in stock form ..and if you read anyof the instructions or parts info on hds site it tells you you need to add fueler or download

It has been said many times before,add the fueler,TFI has a great one and not bad price wise. Vets get a great discount. Do it the right way,then no worries.

My 2006 Street Bob had Cobra Speedster Shorts (similar to Vance and Hines longshots) and a Kuryakin Hypercharger with a K&N filter. I have to assume that it got a download to the oem ecm. It still wants to pop on decel and gets great gas mileage. Is there any way to get back the original map on the HD ecm if I were to add a fueler like the Cobra FI2000R or Fuelpack?

Only way to read the calibration I think is you don't have a tuner, is to have the dealer plug it in to their computer and they can read the cal. I don't think you would want to go back to stock, just use the fueler to fine tune the fuel, I would go TFI because of the local support group you have here.

Back