free website stats program fuel pressure gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel pressure gauge

cool breeze

thinking about installing\mounting permanent fuel pressure gauge just wondering has anybody tried this if so pointers would be appreciated

You guys with Baggers are so lucky to have room to hide all the parts needed to do things like that. I wanted to install a simple HID bulb in my Dyna, but there was just NO place to hide the ballast. (At least a full size Bosch Ballast)
It's incredible that there is "extra room" to hide sending units, motors, relays, modules etc on bikes.

I often wonder about the guy who purchased the last cage I traded in. He had to go crazy with all the extra cables that car had.:)

I want to add an oil pressure guage too, and even boought one, but do not like the tiny little plastic oil line to the rocker-box mounted guage, so I did not put it on. I did not like the way the guage looked when installed. It needs some kind of additional shroud.

Does anyone make an oil pressure guage/sending unit that is electrical, instead of fluid driven?

Enjoy,
rich P

It would seem to me the only way to pick up fuel pressure would be to tee off of the fuel pressure regulator valve. You would need some type of reader/sender unit and guage.

I was thinking of just teeing off the fuel line between the quick disconnect and injectors , just to monitor fuel pressure can save some headaches when trouble shooting

sorry for the confusion but i was planning on using an actual mech liquid filled 100lb gauge like we used in drag racing they are made for vibration and heat

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about my dufus offering. I failed to see the "fuel" pressure part.

If your fuel pressure is faulty, you will know it. However, if I had had a guage on mine, I would have discovered my sticky pressure regulator a lot sooner than 18 months fromthe first stutter.

Good luck. I'll be watching for what responses you get.
Rich P

Back