free website stats program Fuel Packs | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Packs

does everybody put fuel packs on when they chanage pipes?

Concensus seems to be that if you just do 1/2 of a Stage 1 upgrade (would that be a Stage 1/2 upgrade then?) that you probably do not NEED to put a fuel manager on the bike or have a new map installed by HD. However, lots of guys choose to do so since the standard maps are so lean to meet EPA requirements. Adding a set of high flow mufflers will lean out the bike more. So lots of folks complain about popping and stuttering after making a change like this. The close-loop system on the new bikes can compensate slightly, but they are narrow band and MAY NOT be able to adjust for a major change like a Stage 1.

TQ

Last edited:
When I added the Big sucker and Big Radius on my FXD I added XiED's first, then later I added a FuelPak, it made a world of difference.

I put Vance & Hines Black Big Shots and the Screaming Eagle Stage 1 air cleaner on my '09 FXDB. I went with the PC V and it was real easy. Downloaded the right map from the PC websight and started it right up. Runs great!

I Have the Black short shots by V+H with the kuryakyn hypercharger and V+H fuelpak and works very well on my 07 Bob but if your thinking on doing any engine mods i would go with the PCIII

I Have the Black short shots by V+H with the kuryakyn hypercharger and V+H fuelpak and works very well on my 07 Bob but if your thinking on doing any engine mods i would go with the PCIII

I think the '09 can only use the PCV if you go with Power Commander. I think. I could be wrong though.

Back