free website stats program Fuel pack, pipes,air cleaner 2006 Fatboy Fi | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel pack, pipes,air cleaner 2006 Fatboy Fi

Dominator

I bought my 2006 Fatboy Flstfi in 2008 when i got it it already had Screamin Eagle slip ons and a Vance and Hines fuel pack.
After riding in front of others and being told that my bike smelled like it was running to rich and noticing the exhaust was really black at the tips I had my local H-D Dealer have a look.
They removed the fuel pack and checked the mapp sensor and told me the fuel pack was the problem. It is my understanding though that that fuel pack can be programmed on a stock bike.
My concern is after riding for approx. 2500miles now without the fuelpack installed and the slip ons still on it, the header pipe is now yellow/gold color all the way to the mufflers. Does this sound like maybe it is to lean? The air cleaner is stock.
Also I am about to purchase new pipes and a better flowing air cleaner for this bike. My considerations are Sampson Big Guns 3 Pomona staggered and a K&N filter with the stock air cleaner cover.
Any input on the current symptoms and my choice for new pipes and air cleaner are appreciated.
Btw I still have the fuel pack and intend to use it when pipes and air cleaner are installed.

I bought my 2006 Fatboy Flstfi in 2008 when i got it it already had Screamin Eagle slip ons and a Vance and Hines fuel pack.
After riding in front of others and being told that my bike smelled like it was running to rich and noticing the exhaust was really black at the tips I had my local H-D Dealer have a look.
They removed the fuel pack and checked the mapp sensor and told me the fuel pack was the problem. It is my understanding though that that fuel pack can be programmed on a stock bike.
My concern is after riding for approx. 2500miles now without the fuelpack installed and the slip ons still on it, the header pipe is now yellow/gold color all the way to the mufflers. Does this sound like maybe it is to lean? The air cleaner is stock.
Also I am about to purchase new pipes and a better flowing air cleaner for this bike. My considerations are Sampson Big Guns 3 Pomona staggered and a K&N filter with the stock air cleaner cover.
Any input on the current symptoms and my choice for new pipes and air cleaner are appreciated.
Btw I still have the fuel pack and intend to use it when pipes and air cleaner are installed.

I think after your change the air, the fuel pack should work... and yes it is adjustable to your bike..... adding air should lean it out a bit more so re install the f. pack.. Gold is not meaning too lean but yes it is from the heat... all my bikes have snake-skin covers to hide the piped and you might want to check into them if changing out the pipes is because of gold.

Blue is hot but still doesn't necessarily mean too lean on the exhaust pipe if single wall and at the first 6" of the pipe.. Gold all the way down is what i call a good color but,,, you can see it, and if it bothers you, install full snake skin covers... less work and maybe cheaper.

signed....BUBBIE

My intentions are installing new pipes and air cleaner for better performance,look,and sound the pipes i am looking at have full heat shields

My intentions are installing new pipes and air cleaner for better performance,look,and sound the pipes i am looking at have full heat shields

the ones you mention for looks are great sounding and should give your bike a boost with the air.... POWER!!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back