free website stats program Fuel Moto's Power Commander V | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Moto's Power Commander V

RayA.

I had recently called Fuel Moto for a Power Commander. I asked him which one I could use on my bike. I have a 08 Lowrider with Rush slipons and I am going to put on a se heavy breather. He said I could use the commander III or the new commander V. I read that the commander V was for 2009 models only, so I call Dynojet who manufactures the Power Commander and I was told they do not support or have tested the new commnader on bikes other than 2009's. I found out that the one Fuel Moto wants to sell me is a retrofit Power Commander V made for bikes before 2009. I would prefer the new model V but I am wondering if I should try one that has been retrofited. Fuel Moto warrantys it but I not sure about it. What do you guys think?

i was in the same boat i went with a III because i just wanst sure .. and didnt want to be stuck with one later that didnt work and PC wouldnt touch as it never was supposed to be on bike

IMO I'd rather use something that was tested and recommended for my bike. I have the pc v on mine and I like it. I called Dynojet and that was the one they recommended. I went with Dynojet because later on if I decide to modify the engine they can write a map for my app. and so can fuel moto. I don't think there is alot of difference between the PC V and the PC III except for the size and adding the Autotune to the PC V. Good luck!

Educate me,
Is the PCV the version they were forced to release by the law suit in CA.
The state od CA took them to court and won part of the deal was they had to make it CA approved. We all know whatthat means?
Or did the make one just for sale in CA?

The PC V is not legal for sale in the state of CA Smitty. I think?

I have a Heritage and was told the PCIII wouldn't work on my bike because there is no room under the seat for the module. I was told the PC-V was the ticket and it would work fine on my bike. Haven't done it yet but when I do I'll go with the PC-V.

I have a Heritage and was told the PCIII wouldn't work on my bike because there is no room under the seat for the module. I was told the PC-V was the ticket and it would work fine on my bike. Haven't done it yet but when I do I'll go with the PC-V.

I will verify there is no room under the seat for the PC 3 on the 08 FLSTC... So, do not buy it for that bike! It does however put out excellent power....

Cheers,

Bill

I had recently called Fuel Moto for a Power Commander. I asked him which one I could use on my bike. I have a 08 Lowrider with Rush slipons and I am going to put on a se heavy breather. He said I could use the commander III or the new commander V. I read that the commander V was for 2009 models only, so I call Dynojet who manufactures the Power Commander and I was told they do not support or have tested the new commnader on bikes other than 2009's. I found out that the one Fuel Moto wants to sell me is a retrofit Power Commander V made for bikes before 2009. I would prefer the new model V but I am wondering if I should try one that has been retrofited. Fuel Moto warrantys it but I not sure about it. What do you guys think?

I just ordered the V for my '08. From what I understand the unit is not "refurbished'. By 'retrofit' I believe they are talking about the maps. They had to change the maps in the V model to reflect the older bikes. With the extra capability and the small size ... not sure why anyone would still get the III.

I agree with Smitty. If Fuel Moto can make it work for other bikes than 09 than why doesn't the company that makes them? I think they will but it might take alittle while for that to happen. If there are any problems then we can't go back to Dynotek for help, we have to rely on Fuel Moto for assistance. Is there anyone that has bought one and is using it?

also as of right now dont you have to get the maps from fuelmoto only for the retro pc v's?

Back