free website stats program Fuel Mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mileage

Duane53

I have an 04 Heritage with a stage one. I haven't made any changes to the bike. My gas mileage has dropped off a lot.
I don't run it hard. I'm just not into that anymore. Anyway my milage has slipped into the mid 30's combined. I was getting over 40 just around town. I looed in the self help, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for as far as trouble shooting. Any help or suggestions?
Thanks
Duane

I have an 04 Heritage with a stage one. I haven't made any changes to the bike. My gas mileage has dropped off a lot.
I don't run it hard. I'm just not into that anymore. Anyway my milage has slipped into the mid 30's combined. I was getting over 40 just around town. I looed in the self help, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for as far as trouble shooting. Any help or suggestions?
Thanks
Duane

You didn't say what you did for stage one AC/exhaust??? Do you have a fueler on it??

I have an 04 Heritage I just picked up over the winter. 7200 miles, stage I (SE II exhaust and KN filter) I do not know about the tuner because I have just been riding and have not taken the seat off yet. EFI also

I am getting (and I keep track) a little over 38 all around. Mostly town and back road commuting, but I do like to let it roll once in a while.

I am wondering if it has to do with the weather (temps etc) and the fuel blends for winter vs summer. Usually use Shell Prem. 93 octane because it's close to home.

To put the short and sweet to it, yes fuel blends change for summer time and if you live in a warm (hot) climate and fuel during the day, the fuel expands basicly giving you less bang for the buck.
Plus ambient air temps also effect engine efficiency and fuel usage.

I could get real technical here but I'm not trying to convince anyone and you can google it i'm sure, 38 mpg isnt bad for your bike, my ultra gets 36mpg, I ride like an old man,just a bit heaver bike, so less mpg.

Back