free website stats program fuel mileage bad | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel mileage bad

I have an 06 FXDBI which had stage 1 intake, cycleshack slipons & HD download. When I switched to Python Throwback exhaust the bike ran much hotter so I installed the EJK with the recommended settings. The engine ran much cooler, performance was greatly improved but gas mileage went from 46-48mpg to mid 30's, so I started backing down some of the settings. I don't have the numbers handy but I know that the green is quite low now. She runs a little warmer but still has more power than before & mileage is back up to 42-45mpg. Check your exhaust & plugs to see if you are over rich. I think that the HD download requires lower settings on the EJK.?

66cruiser Hits the Nail on the Head.:swoon

That is what I also think here.

When,,,,With my TFI installed on my 09 96" with the upgrades : intake, exhaust, se255cams, at stock settings, It ran really rich, mileage way down also... Then the Green pot was turned DOWN to where I was getting 42 mpg.(steady 42)

I had the green pot under suggested settings and IF memory is correct, that was about only 1.2 above off position. The yellow at 2.0 or 1.5 and the 3rd & 4th at stock setting.

Ran really good Not lean at all.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

How do you figure that? Then what was said in entry #3 has to be accepted as normal fuel mileage? I don't have a 103. Who knows, maybe getting 35 MPG on the highway running Hi test fuel at sea level is normal. But I wouldn't have guessed that to be the case.

I think I might take the ground wire off the ejk and run a tank with the stage1 download and no ejk just to see what the mileage is that way; I haven't done that with the fat cat exhaust.At least I will have something to compare too.

I also went through the historical codes check and had no stored codes at all.The gen 3 that I got came with the plugs to put into sensor connectors

Last edited by a moderator:
well I unhooked the gen 3 and now I am getting a p0031 code which indicates a bad front sensor . I had been running without the sensors because the gen 3 had plus to put in the sensor plug . Gonna keep it unhooked and check mileage any way .. I will get a new sensor at my cost since I might hace damaged it when I installed new exhaust.. I don't think I did but since I changed the exhaust my warranty will probably blame it on me. i can get it for $45 from Surkye harley davidson

What would be considered reasonable miles per gallon if you're riding local w/o getting on the highway at all?

Back